Infertility treatment in Dubai
Babies are a source of unconditional happiness. So, when you are blessed with a child, you are probably on cloud nine. But being unable to bear a child and struggling with infertility could be appalling.
Fortunately, medical science has gone through some amazing advancements, and we now have substantial options to treat infertility.
What is infertility?
Infertility is when a couple cannot conceive a baby even after one year of regular, unprotected sex. Infertility can strike both men and women.
A woman is said to be infertile when she has tried to become pregnant for one year and has not used birth control and yet has not been able to get pregnant. On the other hand, infertility in a man occurs when he has insufficient sperm or sperm that is too unhealthy to combine with a woman’s egg.
What causes infertility in women?
- Obstacles to ovulation – Ovulation is the process of the egg leaving the ovary and traveling to meet the sperm. Some women do not ovulate on a monthly basis.
- Reproductive system issues – Reproductive issues such as fallopian tubes, cervix, uterus, or ovaries. This could include a blockage, growth, scarring, enlarged ovaries, or an abnormal cervix opening.
- Menopause begins too soon – This would take place before the age of 40. It could be caused by an immune system disorder, cancer treatments, or a genetic syndrome.
- Various disorders – Gynecological problems like endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease, cancer, diabetes, autoimmune diseases (when your body attacks itself), lupus, and celiac disease can all cause infertility in a woman.
- Delayed puberty – Irregular or absence of menstrual cycles.
- Substance abuse – Any addictions.
- Improper weight – Being either overweight or underweight. Even too much or too little exercise can impact a woman’s ability to conceive.
- Age – If a woman is more than 35 years of age, it may become difficult for her to get pregnant.
What are the symptoms of infertility?
The inability to become pregnant is the most common symptom of infertility. If your menstrual cycle is too long (35 days or more), too short (less than 21 days), irregular, or absent, you may not be ovulating. There may be no other indications or symptoms.
What are the options for infertility treatment in Dubai?
Fertility treatments frequently include hormone and ovulation-regulating medications, which are sometimes combined with minor surgical procedures. Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) refers to various procedures that can assist you in having a baby. ART includes procedures that help sperm fertilise an egg and the egg implant in your uterine lining.
The following are two of the most common fertility treatments:
Intrauterine insemination (IUI): When you’re ovulating, healthy sperm is collected and inserted directly into your uterus.
IVF: In vitro fertilisation (IVF) is a procedure in which eggs are extracted from your ovaries and fertilized by sperm in a laboratory, where they develop into embryos. The embryos are then implanted into your uterus by a doctor.
ART also includes cryopreservation (freezing your eggs, sperm, or embryos), egg or embryo donation, and gestational carriers (also known as surrogacy). Same-sex couples or single people who want to have a baby frequently use donor sperm, donor eggs, and surrogates. If a problem with your own sperm cells or eggs is causing infertility, you can also use donor sperm or eggs.
Consult our specialist Dr. Mustafa Aldam for an apt diagnosis and infertility treatment
With over 20 years of experience, Dr. Mustafa Aldam is a highly experienced gynecologist and infertility expert. He carefully assists each patient in determining which treatments are best for you. His comprehensive approach ensures that every aspect of your infertility issue is covered, helping you receive the best line of treatment possible.
Make an appointment for a detailed discussion.